Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Black Maxi

I wore this dress to an all-you-can-eat hot pot dinner a couple weeks ago.  The dress is identical to the Striped Maxi I posted last month, however I noticed that the solid black made it appear more formal.  I opted for my "Shana" necklace to tone it down, but someone still ended up asking why I was dressed so formally.  I explained that it's actually a casual maxi, and I chose it because I wanted something loose-fitting so I could eat a lot, and I wanted a color that wouldn't get dirty if oils were to splash up.  They chuckled that so much thought seemed to be put into it, but for me it was just common sense.

Here is the dress with the necklace I originally intended.  All my hair sticks broke so please excuse the chopstick in my hair! lol









Maxi Dress & Gold Layered Bib Necklace: Forever 21
Linen Wedges: Delicious
Double Chain Bracelet: Express

4 comments:

  1. I love the statement necklace against the black maxi.

    Shasie of Live Life in Style
    Enter my Beauty Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi gorgeous!
    Just received your comment on my blog and so glad you stopped by and visit. Thanks to my girl Shasie for posting my blog link on her FB page. You definitely rocked the aqua lace shorts doll. Looking absolutely fabulous.

    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle


    Enter my GIVEAWAY to Win A Pair of Gorgeous Colorblocking Wedges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shana! I've given you a blog award!
    http://www.live-life-in-style.com/2012/11/Liebsterblogaward.html#.UJprkG_A8wc

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning! such a beatiful dress! you are gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...